|Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in , , , and with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.|
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and advisory services, helps clients understand the complexity of issues such as performance, privacy, risk, controls, and data analysis.
The Deloitte & Touche LLP summer internship provides an introduction to audit. Throughout the program, participants will focus on issues shaping and affecting the profession today as well as topics related to their own career development. Counseling is another aspect of the Internship Program. At the end of each engagement, interns will have the opportunity to review their performance with management. Additionally, staff will serve as "counselors" to this year's intern group. Counselors serve as a vital source of information and advice as well as participating in many of the social activities planned for the interns throughout the summer months.
The external audit services include:
- Audits of Financial Statements, including reviews of quarterly financial information
- Audits of internal control over financial reporting including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
- Agreed Upon Procedure
- Other attest related services
In conducting an external audit of clients' financial statements, Deloitte & Touche holds itself to the standards of independence, professional objectivity, and technical excellence. The audit approach is designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of clients. The Deloitte & Touche approach is to understand a client's business, the risks it faces, its internal controls, and assess the risk of material misstatement of the financials in order to design effective audit procedures. For public companies subject to the internal control reporting requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Deloitte & Touche integrates the audit of internal control over financial reporting with the audit of the financial statements. Deloitte & Touche's professionals bring a comprehensive methodology that leverages the extensive professional and technical resources for clients' specific circumstances.
Technical and Professional Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of the Deloitte & Touche audit approach, methodology & tools
- Establish working relationships with client personnel
- Perform analytical review of audit documents
- Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control
- Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Prepare financial statement reports and documentation supporting Deloitte & Touche's audit opinions
- Apply concepts of risk assessment
- Design and perform tests of internal controls
- Provide recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency
Personal and Practice Development:
- Pass the CPA exam
- Take proactive career steps - set goals and career plans with advisor/career counselor
- Develop excellent professional oral and written communication skills
- Continually develop through our Deloitte Services LP Learning curriculum of eLearning modules and local and national training programs
- Support organization and function initiatives
- Bachelor of Science/Business Administration or Master of Science in Accounting
- Must meet minimum requirements to sit for CPA exam before beginning full-time employment
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.3)
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Willingness to travel for out-of-town engagements
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Apply to join Deloitte
How to begin the application process with Deloitte.
Here are some general steps undergraduate and graduate students can take to get started in the recruiting process:
If you are not a student, have more than one year of professional work experience, and are looking for a new career opportunity, please visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about opportunities for experienced professionals.
- If you are interested in an internship position with Deloitte, please first check with your school's Career Services office to learn how to apply and see when Deloitte will be interviewing on your campus. If there are no Deloitte positions posted with your school's Career Center, you can create a job-specific profile at www.deloitte.com/us/students.
- Visit our Web site, www.deloitte.com/us/students to learn about the kind of work we do, and what it is like to work at Deloitte.
If you are a current student and wish to be considered for a position with Deloitte, you will need to submit your resume through your campus's Career Services office in addition to visiting www.deloitte.com/us/students to complete a job-specific profile.