|Deloitte FAS LLP|
Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP ("Deloitte FAS") advises clients on managing business controversy and conflict, executing deals, and maintaining regulatory compliance. We provide services to companies throughout their lifecycle - from purchasing a company to investigating potential fraud.
Specifically, we help clients address serious business concerns involving fraud, forensic investigations, litigation and reorganization. Through Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC, our wholly owned securities brokerage subsidiary, we assist clients with originating and executing transactions and strategic investments for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, capital planning and capital markets. We also advise businesses on valuation issues and other matters to help them remain compliant in today's rigorous regulatory environment.
Our dedicated Deloitte FAS professionals bring vast experience, specialized skill sets and deep industry knowledge to our clients. This personalized level of service, combined with the market reach and technical resources of the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) member firms and their affiliates, enables us to respond to the complex and diverse needs of our clients around the world.
The Deloitte & Touche LLP internship provides an introduction to Financial Advisory Services. Throughout the program, participants will focus on issues shaping and affecting the profession today as well as topics related to their own career development. Counseling is another aspect of the Internship Program. At the end of each engagement, interns will have the opportunity to review their performance with management. Additionally, professionals within the practice will serve as "mentors" to the intern group. Mentors serve as a vital source of information and advice as well as participating in many of the social activities planned for the interns throughout the internship experience.
Real Estate Consulting
Deloitte's Real Estate Consulting practice serves clients throughout nearly all industries, handling many types of property-related issues, including due diligence, lease advisory, market analyses, underwriting process evaluations, portfolio related services, litigation support and expert witness services, and complex property analysis and valuation. Our professionals frequently deal with large portfolios of real property assets on a regional, national and even global basis.
We provide a variety of due diligence aspects such as due diligence for acquisitions and/or investment transactions, examination of contractual terms, property inspections, market studies, cash flow modeling (Argus/DYNA/Excel), cash flow and NOI analysis, analysis of distressed real estate, strategy and repositioning studies, franchise and management studies and lease abstraction and encumbrance analysis.
We provide market analyses and development studies, which help analyze economic and/or demographic data within targeted geographies to estimate their effect on a particular investment or development project. Additionally, we evaluate the underwriting process relative to internal and external guidelines, test underwriting assumptions and verify data with supporting documentation including historical operating statements, rent rolls, leases and other sources, and provide reports detailing our findings.
We also cover the full spectrum of real estate valuation services, from evaluating large and diverse portfolios to performing single-property analyses, as well as identifying and performing valuations of tangible and intangible real estate-related assets.
Professional and Technical responsibilities include:
- Conduct research from both primary and secondary data sources
- Data mining, organize data, interview market participants and property managers
- Perform lease abstraction, audits & revenue optimization analysis
- Write quality memos and reports
- Perform financial / cash flow modeling, prepare Argus/DYNA/Excel based models, analysis economic and/or demographic data
- Understand and apply applicable audit / reporting rules and analyses
- Perform inspections of real estate projects
- Perform 3rd-party appraisal review
- Proactively manage career- set goals and career plans with advisory/career counselor
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred majors include Real Estate, Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a Real Estate / Economic focus
- Master's degree in Real Estate or Economics preferred
- Strong Academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.2)
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Apply to join Deloitte
How to begin the application process with Deloitte.
Here are some general steps undergraduate and graduate students can take to get started in the recruiting process:
If you are not a student, have more than one year of professional work experience, and are looking for a new career opportunity, please visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about opportunities for experienced professionals.
- If you are interested in an internship position with Deloitte, please first check with your school's Career Services office to learn how to apply and see when Deloitte will be interviewing on your campus. If there are no Deloitte positions posted with your school's Career Center, you can create a job-specific profile at www.deloitte.com/us/students.
- Visit our Web site, www.deloitte.com/us/students to learn about the kind of work we do, and what it is like to work at Deloitte.
If you are a current student and wish to be considered for a position with Deloitte, you will need to submit your resume through your campus's Career Services office in addition to visiting www.deloitte.com/us/students to complete a job-specific profile.