Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
There is a tax implication for almost every transaction a company undertakes, from trading to acquisition to off-shoring. Even the most sophisticated global companies often struggle with balancing compliance details and long-term tax strategy. The tax consultants of Deloitte Tax LLP ("Deloitte Tax") have the perspective to help companies understand national, state and local and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
As an employee of Deloitte Tax, you will work with colleagues worldwide to serve our clients. As you advance in your career, most Deloitte Tax professionals specialize in at least one industry and one group of service offerings.
The Deloitte & Touche LLP internship provides an introduction to tax. Throughout the program, participants will focus on issues shaping and affecting the profession today as well as topics related to their own career development. Counseling is another aspect of the Internship Program. At the end of each engagement, interns will have the opportunity to review their performance with management. Additionally, staff will serve as "counselors" to this year's intern group. Counselors serve as a vital source of information and advice as well as participating in many of the social activities planned for the interns throughout their internship.
Private Company Services
Private companies and their owners, and affluent individuals and families all need comprehensive, independent, and objective tax and wealth planning advice. Professionals in Deloitte Tax Private Company Services work with clients as trusted advisors, helping them to make informed and strategic decisions relevant to their personal financial comfort, business and investment needs, family legacy, and charitable giving - during their lifetime and through estate planning.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
- Bachelor of Science/Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation, or JD or LLM Degree (with undergraduate accounting degree)
- Strong academic credentials (3.2+ GPA recommended)
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Apply to join Deloitte
How to begin the application process with Deloitte.
Here are some general steps undergraduate and graduate students can take to get started in the recruiting process:
If you are not a student, have more than one year of professional work experience, and are looking for a new career opportunity, please visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about opportunities for experienced professionals.
- If you are interested in an internship position with Deloitte, please first check with your school's Career Services office to learn how to apply and see when Deloitte will be interviewing on your campus. If there are no Deloitte positions posted with your school's Career Center, you can create a job-specific profile at www.deloitte.com/us/students.
- Visit our Web site, www.deloitte.com/us/students to learn about the kind of work we do, and what it is like to work at Deloitte.
If you are a current student and wish to be considered for a position with Deloitte, you will need to submit your resume through your campus's Career Services office in addition to visiting www.deloitte.com/us/students to complete a job-specific profile.